Loan Modification Woodbridge VA
Why investigate modifying your loan?
- A loan modification will often lower your interest rate, and therefore your payment.
- If you are currently behind on your mortgage, a modification will typically take that arrearage and put it back into the modified loan amount, bringing you current.
- If you don’t have equity in your home, the lender will sometimes forgive some of the loan balance.
- The lender may work with you to lower the monthly payment by taking some portion of the loan and deferring it for 20, 30 or even 40 years.
- You are modifying your existing loan, not applying for a new one (refinancing), so the qualifications are different.
And the final reason to try to modify your loan is, what have you got to lose? If you don’t like the terms offered, you can turn it down. And the fees are affordable so it won’t break your budget –
- If you are a bankruptcy client, it is a $1,000 flat fee for each loan if the
modification is approved, with that fee approved by the court.
- If you are not a bankruptcy client, the fee is $150/month. Since the typical
modification should take less than 6 months, it’s still around $1,000.
Call our loan modification specialist Aaron Trapani today in the Woodbridge office for a free consultation.
For more information or to schedule an appointment at one of our four locations, please call either our Woodbridge office at 703-967-3315, Fairfax office at 703-691-1642, Fredericksburg office at 540-274-5566 or Richmond office at 804-664-3643. You can also fill out the form below and we will contact you. Evening and Weekend appointments are available upon request.
12801 Darby Brook Ct #201
Woodbridge, VA 22192
3977 Chain Bridge Rd #2
Fairfax, VA 22030
1930 William Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
8002 Discovery Drive, Ste. 422
Richmond, VA 23229
Get In Touch
The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.